Kaliningrad is back on the map! Most useful for a sailor. Let’s hope that this part of the Baltic gets less deserted!
Starting from July 1, 2019, nationals of 53 foreign States may be granted an e-visa to enter the Russian Federation through the border crossing points, located on the territory of the Kaliningrad region.
•An e-visa is issued within 4 calendar days, including week-ends and bank holidays.
• There is no need for any invitations or confirmations. Just fill in the application form on the website http://electronic-visa.kdmid.ru/klgd_home.html.
• There is no need to waste your free time or working hours to visit the consular agency during its business hours. The website works 24/7.
• You do not need to pay for anything to obtain an e-visa.
The list of foreign states whose nationals can apply for E-visa:
Austria, Andorra, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Vatican, Hungary, Germany, Greece, Denmark, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Iceland, Spain, Italy, Qatar, Cyprus, China (including Taiwan), The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Northern Macedonia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Philippines, Finland, France, Croatia, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Sweden, Estonia, Japan.
The validity period of an electronic visa is 30 days from the date of issue, the duration of stay may not exceed 8 days. An electronic visa is free of charge.
Electronic visas issued for the visit to Kaliningrad are valid only for entry into the Russian Federation and exit from the Russian Federation only at authorized border crossing points:
– in Kaliningrad / Khrabrovo Airport;
– at the seaport «Kaliningrad»: parts of the city in Kaliningrad, Baltiysk and Svetliy;
– on the border crossing: «Bagrationovsk», «Gusev», «Mamonovo (Grzechotki)», «Mamonovo (Gronovo)», «Morskoe», «Pogranichny», «Sovetsk», «Chernyshevskoye»;
– on the railway network: “Mamonovo”, “Sovetsk”.
E-visas can be of the following categories only: ordinary business visa (purpose of journey is business), ordinary tourist visa (purpose of journey is tourism), and ordinary humanitarian visa (purposes of journey are sports, cultural, scientific and technological ties). If the purpose of your journey to the Russian Federation does not correspond to any of the above, you should apply for a traditional (non electronic) visa at a diplomatic mission or consular office of the Russian Federation
Foreign citizens who have arrived to the Russian Federation with e-visas have the right to freedom of movement within the territory of the constituent entity of the Russian Federation which they entered, with the exception of territories, organizations and facilities, to enter which a special permission is required in accordance with federal laws of the Russian Federation.
Foreign citizens should leave the territory of the Russian Federation only through checkpoints of the constituent entity of the Russian Federation which they entered.
You can fill in an application form for an e-visa on this website not earlier than 20 days and no later than 4 days before the intended date of entry into the Russian Federation.